- Period of completion - 2014
- Project’s geography - Russia
An arbitrage example
As part of the project, PCG bought back the debt of state-owned Amazarkan from Uralsib Bank, the collateral of which the petrochemical producer Meretoyakhaneftegaz assets served. The receivables were subsequently resold at a profit to investors, interested in acquiring the core pledged assets. The project had a yield of 35% in six months. In 2014, PCG carried out an arbitrage transaction through:
- Finding a potential investor.
- Negotiating debt discounting with creditors.
- Purchasing of receivables from Uralsib Bank and their subsequent sale to an investor.